Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

why did Scabbers bite goyle, fuldataler mineralwasser, bikemate fahrradcomputer t52434 anleitung, frank zappa iq 172 liam gallagher 164, "heartbroke kid" "previous episode references", bikemate t52434 anleitung, marietta edgecombe cop out, kaufland autobatterie, nasi goreng in dosen kaufen, micromaxx mm 3544 universalfernbedienung

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-03 20:12:38 by LindsayRS

Still another reason why the "Harry Potter" series has "jumped the
shark" is:

CHO CHANG IN HBP

I'm sure I wasn't the only reader who was pissed off and disgusted by
the way that J.K. Rowling treated Cho Chang in "Half-Blood Prince"
(HBP). Cho's role is reduced to almost nothing, except a brief
appearance on the Hogwarts Express, and an embarrassing memory in the
back of Harry Potter's mind.

Okay, so we all knew going into "Order of the Phoenix" (OOTP) that Cho
wasn't going to be Harry's "one special girl," the one he would spend
the rest of his life with. But Cho's character had the potential to be
developed into something more than it is. She still had the potential
to become a good friend and a powerful ally for Harry.

Instead Cho's character remains unfinished, like a loose thread hanging
out of the side of the book. The way J.K. Rowling treats Cho, you have
to wonder. What has she got against this poor girl?!

I disagree with those who say that Cho's magical talents are limited.
Cho's biggest disadvantage in the books is that she is not Hermione
Granger. Compared to Hermione, ANY girl at Hogwarts, including Ginny
Weasley, would seem to be untalented.

Cho had her own talents that could have served Harry Potter well in his
fight against evil. At the end of OOTP, Cho is able to do a Patronus
charm -- which, as Hermione says is, "Very advanced magic." (Even Ron
Weasley was still having trouble with his Patronus when Cho created her
silver swan.)

And let's not forget, Cho is in Ravenclaw House, which according to the
books is the home of the cleverest students at Hogwarts. I would have
really liked to have seen Cho do something clever in the books that
would show us WHY the Sorting Hat put her in Ravenclaw instead of, say,
Hufflepuff. Maybe she could have shown Harry and the rest of
Dumbledore's Army some old Chinese spells that would be useful in
fighting the Dark Arts.

But no! Like the rest of Dumbledore's Army, Cho's part in HBP is
reduced to almost nothing. Strange, but J.K. Rowling seems to go out of
her way to make sure that only one house gets all the glory at
Hogwarts. A student wizard can't be a real hero or a Quidditch champion
in these books unless he or she is in Gryffindor.

I also disagree with those who say that Cho is a shallow character
because she stood by her friend Marietta Edgecombe after Marietta
betrayed Dumbledore's Army to Dolores Umbridge and Cornelius Fudge in
OOTP. Cho is just doing what Harry Potter would have done if Ron
Weasley or Hermione Granger had made a similar mistake.

It's interesting that we never hear Marietta Edgecombe's side of the
story. In OOTP, Cho tells Harry that Marietta is "A lovely person who
made a mistake." It's just possible that Cho is right! Perhaps Marietta
betrayed Dumbledore's Army because Cornelius Fudge threatened to fire
her mother from her job at the Ministry of Magic. Or perhaps Marietta
betrayed the group because she thought Harry Potter was trying to
become another Voldemort.

The point is, it's too easy to dismiss Marietta as evil because she
didn't trust Harry Potter. I WOULD HAVE LIKED IT IF J.K. ROWLING HAD
GIVEN US MARIETTA'S SIDE OF THE STORY!

I also would have liked it if J.K. Rowling had let Harry and Cho try to
work out their differences in HBP, even if they didn't get back
together as a couple. Perhaps Cho would have had to make a choice
between her friendship with Marietta and her desire to re-join Harry
and fight back against evil in memory of Cedric Diggory.

But of course, we'll never see that now, because J.K. Rowling made Cho
and the rest of the Hogwarts students forget all about Dumbledore's
Army in HBP.

What REALLY pisses me off is that, by relegating Cho Chang to "distant
memory" status in HBP, J.K. Rowling robbed us of a final "Seeker's
duel" between Harry and Cho on the Quidditch field!

What I really would have liked to have seen in HBP was one last match
between Harry and Cho in which Cho beat Harry to the Golden Snitch.
This would be interesting to see because: 1. It would have been a great
comeback for Cho and 2. It would show us how Harry might handle LOSING
the Snitch to another Seeker, in a fair-and-square match (as opposed to
his losing the match after being knocked out of the game by a Bludger
or a squad of Dementors).

Harry's near-perfect record of always getting to the Snitch before the
other Seeker is, quite frankly, a bit dull! What I want to know is, how
would Harry handle it if he LOST to another Seeker in a fair match? How
would he handle it if, in one game, the other Seeker was better than
him, and got to the Snitch before him?

But instead of exploring a new aspect of Harry's character in this way,
J.K. Rowling chooses to "chicken out" in HBP. Instead of giving us a
final duel between Harry and Cho, she gives us a re-run of the previous
year's Quidditch final. Gryffindor vs. Ravenclaw with Ginny vs. Cho as
Seekers. AND ONCE AGAIN, WE DON'T EVEN SEE THE MATCH IN THE BOOK,
BECAUSE HARRY POTTER IS DOING A DETENTION!

How boring! I think J.K. Rowling has decided to stop writing about
Quidditch because she THINKS she's run out of things to say about it.
I'd expect this of a less creative writer. But a writer of her caliber
could always come up with something new to say on a subject -- IF
they'd put forth the effort to do so, instead of going for the easy
cop-out!

Of course, Ginny beats Cho to the Snitch again. Why? So Harry can kiss
her for the first time at the victory party. Big deal! He would have
kissed her eventually anyway!

With Cho Chang, I see evidence of J.K. Rowling being afraid to take
chances with her characters. She'd rather let secondary characters like
Cho fizzle out than continue to develop them into significant
supporting roles. Again, considering the significant character
development that occurs in her earlier books, I really expected better
of J.K. Rowling.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------

"Jumped the Shark" -- A term used to describe a once-good TV series (or
movie or book series) that has lost its original quality edge. When the
quality of the series has declined and it is no longer as good as it
once was, we say that it has "jumped the shark." The term comes from
the U.S. TV show "Happy Days," in which the quality of the show began
to decline following the episode where the Fonz jumped over a shark on
water skis.

Report this message

#2: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-03 21:46:19 by Tim Behrendsen

&quot;R.S. Lindsay&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:LindsayRS&#64;msn.com" target="_blank">LindsayRS&#64;msn.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:1123092758.541914.158690&#64;g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com..." target="_blank">1123092758.541914.158690&#64;g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...</a>
&gt; Still another reason why the &quot;Harry Potter&quot; series has &quot;jumped the
&gt; shark&quot; is:
&gt;
&gt; CHO CHANG IN HBP
&gt;
&gt; I'm sure I wasn't the only reader who was pissed off and disgusted by
&gt; the way that J.K. Rowling treated Cho Chang in &quot;Half-Blood Prince&quot;
&gt; (HBP). Cho's role is reduced to almost nothing, except a brief
&gt; appearance on the Hogwarts Express, and an embarrassing memory in the
&gt; back of Harry Potter's mind.

She sided with the betrayer of Harry and his friends. That's the kiss
(pardon the pun) of death in Harry's world. Loyalty is everything to
him.

They had nothing in common. Why should Harry hang around with her? She
was only an infatuation to him, and once that was gone, along with
understanding her lack of character, Harry had no interest left.

And finally, how long do you think these books should be? Exactly how
would it be interesting to the reader to read more scenes about Harry
and Cho's friendship? How does that advance the plot? Answer: it
doesn't.

Report this message

#3: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-03 21:58:32 by NINADSE

Tim Behrendsen wrote:
&gt; She sided with the betrayer of Harry and his friends. That's the kiss
&gt; (pardon the pun) of death in Harry's world. Loyalty is everything to
&gt; him.
&gt;
&gt; They had nothing in common. Why should Harry hang around with her? She
&gt; was only an infatuation to him, and once that was gone, along with
&gt; understanding her lack of character, Harry had no interest left.
&gt;
&gt; And finally, how long do you think these books should be? Exactly how
&gt; would it be interesting to the reader to read more scenes about Harry
&gt; and Cho's friendship? How does that advance the plot? Answer: it
&gt; doesn't.

Ooooh, agreed. And whenever Cho's around, she starts to sob about
something, which is really annoying. Harry IS well shut of her.
Imagine her facing Voldemort:

Cho (sobbing): &quot;You killed my Cedric! You killed my Cedric!&quot;

Voldemort (laughing a high cold laugh): &quot;Why yes, I did. Here - have a
bit of what he got!&quot;

She'd be dead useful in a fight, wouldn't she just.

Report this message

#4: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-03 22:07:19 by Troels Forchhammer

In message
&lt;news:<a href="mailto:1123092758.541914.158690&#64;g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com" target="_blank">1123092758.541914.158690&#64;g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com</a>&gt;
&quot;R.S. Lindsay&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:LindsayRS&#64;msn.com" target="_blank">LindsayRS&#64;msn.com</a>&gt; enriched us with:
&gt;
&gt; Still another reason why the &quot;Harry Potter&quot; series has &quot;jumped the
&gt; shark&quot; is:
&gt;
&gt; CHO CHANG IN HBP

&lt;snip&gt;

I've not particularly agreed with the point you've made in the
preceding messages of the series, and in one case I've argued why there
is a perfectly consistent, story-internal, reason for the development
(even demonstrated how I have predicted that outcome before the
release), but with this post you have only achieved:

Jumped the Shark #A: 'Jumped the Shark #5 - Cho Chang in HBP'

The reason why R.S. Lindsay's 'Jumped the Shark' series has 'jumped the
shark'.

Cho was never more than a relatively unimportant character -- her only
justifications were to be a stepping stone in Harry's personal
development, and to introduce the sneak into the DA. Her character was
always shallow, and Rowling showed us the full depth of it when she
told us of Cho's Patronus (just before the final breach between Harry
and Cho). There is nothing more to be said about Cho.

--
Troels Forchhammer
Valid mail is &lt;t.forch(a)email.dk&gt;

&quot;What're quantum mechanics?&quot;
&quot;I don't know. People who repair quantums, I suppose.&quot;
- (Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Report this message

#5: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-03 22:16:32 by chimaera

Although I wasn't particularly bothered by the absence of Cho Chang in
HBP, I think your observations about her and Marietta are reasonable.
Those things would have been interesting to have seen addressed; they
just weren't important enough that I really missed them.

But I wanted to say that I usually enjoy reading your &quot;jumped the
shark&quot; posts and find them quite interesting. They look sincere to me,
but even if you're just doing it to stir up conversation, as long as
the posts are relevant to the books and well thought out -- and they
have been -- what's the problem?

Report this message

#6: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-03 22:20:33 by Cathy Weeks

R.S. Lindsay wrote:
&gt; Still another reason why the &quot;Harry Potter&quot; series has &quot;jumped the
&gt; shark&quot; is:
&gt;
&gt; CHO CHANG IN HBP
&gt;
&gt; I'm sure I wasn't the only reader who was pissed off and disgusted by
&gt; the way that J.K. Rowling treated Cho Chang in &quot;Half-Blood Prince&quot;
&gt; (HBP). Cho's role is reduced to almost nothing, except a brief
&gt; appearance on the Hogwarts Express, and an embarrassing memory in the
&gt; back of Harry Potter's mind.

Ummmm... Cho is a minor character, throughout the series. The books
aren't called &quot;Cho Chang and Marrietta Edgecomb confront Lord
Voldemort&quot;. They are about Harry Potter, and his friends. And when Cho
sided with someone who betrayed Harry and his friends, then he would no
longer want much to do with her. And since the book is about HIM, not
HER, it doesn't seem like she'd be important.

This was by FAR the worst of your reasons for thinking the series has
gone downhill.

Cathy Weeks

Report this message

#7: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-03 22:45:31 by Kish

Tim Behrendsen wrote:

&gt; She sided with the betrayer of Harry and his friends. That's the kiss
&gt; (pardon the pun) of death in Harry's world. Loyalty is everything to
&gt; him.

Shouldn't he be in Hufflepuff, then? (Besides which, if loyalty is
everything to him, that put Cho in a Catch-22 situation--someone who
valued loyalty that much should certainly have condemned her if she
dropped Marietta on his say-so, too.) No, I think Harry is behaving
much more like a Gryffindor there; Marietta doesn't deserve sympathy in
his eyes because she did the wrong thing under pressure, and Cho's not
showing similar contempt for Marietta's lack of courage enraged Harry.

Report this message

#8: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-03 23:02:01 by Eric Bohlman

&quot;Tim Behrendsen&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:tim&#64;zapthisbehrendsen.com" target="_blank">tim&#64;zapthisbehrendsen.com</a>&gt; wrote in news:wc9Ie.30553
$<a href="mailto:bp.1838&#64;fed1read03" target="_blank">bp.1838&#64;fed1read03</a>:

&gt; And finally, how long do you think these books should be? Exactly how
&gt; would it be interesting to the reader to read more scenes about Harry
&gt; and Cho's friendship? How does that advance the plot? Answer: it
&gt; doesn't.

I think this is really the key to understanding the problems with the
&quot;jumped the shark&quot; allegations. With just one book left in the series, JKR
simply *can't* pursue every bit of promising character/plot development
suggested in the earlier books. If she tried to do so, the seventh book
would turn largely into a collection of disconnected vignettes. That would
please nobody, the author included.

It's also worth noting that a common pattern in the series is for something
to appear in one book, be dropped or given little attention in the next
book, and then suddenly become important in the book after that. Thus it's
quite possible that various lines that were introduced in OOTP didn't make
it into HBP because they're scheduled to reappear in the final book.

Report this message

#9: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-04 01:18:39 by Weird Beard

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:12:38 GMT, &quot;R.S. Lindsay&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:LindsayRS&#64;msn.com" target="_blank">LindsayRS&#64;msn.com</a>&gt; wrote
the following onin alt.fan.harry-potter:

&gt; Still another reason why the &quot;Harry Potter&quot; series has &quot;jumped the
&gt; shark&quot; is:
&gt;
&gt; CHO CHANG IN HBP
&gt;
&gt; I'm sure I wasn't the only reader who was pissed off and disgusted by
&gt; the way that J.K. Rowling treated Cho Chang in &quot;Half-Blood Prince&quot;
&gt; (HBP). Cho's role is reduced to almost nothing, except a brief
&gt; appearance on the Hogwarts Express, and an embarrassing memory in the
&gt; back of Harry Potter's mind.

Yes, that's all she is to Harry now. C'est la Vie.

Report this message

#10: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-04 06:10:16 by CurrentlyMIA

yeah, j.k. could've added a tiny bit more about Cho,but she wasnt that
big of a character, so i cant say it really bothered me much... but it
did kind of annoy me that harry never got beaten by another seeker
unless something tramatic happened... but i didnt really like the fact
that harry didnt even get to play in his last quiddich match ever. but
Marietta was never a really big character at all. the books are about
harry &amp; his FRIENDS. Cho obviously didnt meet this standard.

~aLeXaNdRa~
*Save a broom, Ride a seeker!*

Report this message

#11: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-05 08:32:40 by Tim Bruening

Cathy Weeks wrote:

&gt; R.S. Lindsay wrote:
&gt; &gt; Still another reason why the &quot;Harry Potter&quot; series has &quot;jumped the
&gt; &gt; shark&quot; is:
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; CHO CHANG IN HBP
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; I'm sure I wasn't the only reader who was pissed off and disgusted by
&gt; &gt; the way that J.K. Rowling treated Cho Chang in &quot;Half-Blood Prince&quot;
&gt; &gt; (HBP). Cho's role is reduced to almost nothing, except a brief
&gt; &gt; appearance on the Hogwarts Express, and an embarrassing memory in the
&gt; &gt; back of Harry Potter's mind.
&gt;
&gt; Ummmm... Cho is a minor character, throughout the series. The books
&gt; aren't called &quot;Cho Chang and Marrietta Edgecomb confront Lord
&gt; Voldemort&quot;. They are about Harry Potter, and his friends. And when Cho
&gt; sided with someone who betrayed Harry and his friends, then he would no
&gt; longer want much to do with her. And since the book is about HIM, not
&gt; HER, it doesn't seem like she'd be important.

I was surprised that the &quot;SNEAK&quot; pimple hex Hermione inflited on Marietta
still hadn't been cured! Why hasn't Flitwick or Pomfrey unhexed her yet?

Report this message

#12: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-05 13:45:42 by juvenal

Eric Bohlman wrote:
&gt;
snip
&gt;
&gt; It's also worth noting that a common pattern in the series is for something
&gt; to appear in one book, be dropped or given little attention in the next
&gt; book, and then suddenly become important in the book after that. Thus it's
&gt; quite possible that various lines that were introduced in OOTP didn't make
&gt; it into HBP because they're scheduled to reappear in the final book.

Precisely. This applies especially to the Order itself, the MoM and
Grimmauld Place, but it might well cover Cho too.

Report this message

#13: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-05 21:57:31 by ecmartinez

Tim Bruening wrote:
&lt;snip&gt;
&gt; I was surprised that the &quot;SNEAK&quot; pimple hex Hermione inflited on Marietta
&gt; still hadn't been cured! Why hasn't Flitwick or Pomfrey unhexed her yet?

Weren't we shown this on the train? I figured her parents would take
her to St. Mungo's to take care of it, and was happy to see nothing
worked.

Report this message

#14: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-05 22:59:44 by Paul Lints

Tim Bruening wrote:
&gt;
&gt; Cathy Weeks wrote:
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;&gt;R.S. Lindsay wrote:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;Still another reason why the &quot;Harry Potter&quot; series has &quot;jumped the
&gt;&gt;&gt;shark&quot; is:
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;CHO CHANG IN HBP
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;I'm sure I wasn't the only reader who was pissed off and disgusted by
&gt;&gt;&gt;the way that J.K. Rowling treated Cho Chang in &quot;Half-Blood Prince&quot;
&gt;&gt;&gt;(HBP). Cho's role is reduced to almost nothing, except a brief
&gt;&gt;&gt;appearance on the Hogwarts Express, and an embarrassing memory in the
&gt;&gt;&gt;back of Harry Potter's mind.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;Ummmm... Cho is a minor character, throughout the series. The books
&gt;&gt;aren't called &quot;Cho Chang and Marrietta Edgecomb confront Lord
&gt;&gt;Voldemort&quot;. They are about Harry Potter, and his friends. And when Cho
&gt;&gt;sided with someone who betrayed Harry and his friends, then he would no
&gt;&gt;longer want much to do with her. And since the book is about HIM, not
&gt;&gt;HER, it doesn't seem like she'd be important.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; I was surprised that the &quot;SNEAK&quot; pimple hex Hermione inflited on Marietta
&gt; still hadn't been cured! Why hasn't Flitwick or Pomfrey unhexed her yet?
&gt;

Because Hermione is the cleverest witch of her age. Or perhaps the
teachers don't like rats, either. ^^

--
Paul W. Lints Jr. UIN: 25030144
Valid email: pwlints@*DELETEME*csupomona.edu

Report this message

#15: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-06 00:02:14 by Kish

Paul Lints wrote:
&gt; Tim Bruening wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Cathy Weeks wrote:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; R.S. Lindsay wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Still another reason why the &quot;Harry Potter&quot; series has &quot;jumped the
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; shark&quot; is:
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; CHO CHANG IN HBP
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; I'm sure I wasn't the only reader who was pissed off and disgusted by
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; the way that J.K. Rowling treated Cho Chang in &quot;Half-Blood Prince&quot;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; (HBP). Cho's role is reduced to almost nothing, except a brief
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; appearance on the Hogwarts Express, and an embarrassing memory in the
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; back of Harry Potter's mind.
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Ummmm... Cho is a minor character, throughout the series. The books
&gt;&gt;&gt; aren't called &quot;Cho Chang and Marrietta Edgecomb confront Lord
&gt;&gt;&gt; Voldemort&quot;. They are about Harry Potter, and his friends. And when Cho
&gt;&gt;&gt; sided with someone who betrayed Harry and his friends, then he would no
&gt;&gt;&gt; longer want much to do with her. And since the book is about HIM, not
&gt;&gt;&gt; HER, it doesn't seem like she'd be important.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; I was surprised that the &quot;SNEAK&quot; pimple hex Hermione inflited on Marietta
&gt;&gt; still hadn't been cured! Why hasn't Flitwick or Pomfrey unhexed her yet?
&gt;&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Because Hermione is the cleverest witch of her age. Or perhaps the
&gt; teachers don't like rats, either. ^^

I think the latter (with the former explaining why Umbridge and Fudge
couldn't do it). I'm pretty sure Dumbledore could have made the pimples
go away in a moment...if he wanted to.

Report this message

#16: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-06 08:10:55 by Tim Bruening

<a href="mailto:ecmartinez&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">ecmartinez&#64;prodigy.net</a> wrote:

&gt; Tim Bruening wrote:
&gt; &lt;snip&gt;
&gt; &gt; I was surprised that the &quot;SNEAK&quot; pimple hex Hermione inflited on Marietta
&gt; &gt; still hadn't been cured! Why hasn't Flitwick or Pomfrey unhexed her yet?
&gt;
&gt; Weren't we shown this on the train? I figured her parents would take
&gt; her to St. Mungo's to take care of it, and was happy to see nothing
&gt; worked.

I'm amazed that not even St. Mungo's could undo a hex done by a 5th year
student!

Report this message

#17: Re: Jumped the Shark #5 -- Cho Chang in HBP

Posted on 2005-08-07 11:01:25 by Sky_rider

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 23:10:55 -0700, Tim Bruening
&lt;<a href="mailto:tsbrueni&#64;pop.dcn.davis.ca.us" target="_blank">tsbrueni&#64;pop.dcn.davis.ca.us</a>&gt; looked at Ron with an evil Grint in his
eye and said :

&gt;
&gt;
&gt;<a href="mailto:ecmartinez&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">ecmartinez&#64;prodigy.net</a> wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; Tim Bruening wrote:
&gt;&gt; &lt;snip&gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; I was surprised that the &quot;SNEAK&quot; pimple hex Hermione inflited on Marietta
&gt;&gt; &gt; still hadn't been cured! Why hasn't Flitwick or Pomfrey unhexed her yet?
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Weren't we shown this on the train? I figured her parents would take
&gt;&gt; her to St. Mungo's to take care of it, and was happy to see nothing
&gt;&gt; worked.
&gt;
&gt;I'm amazed that not even St. Mungo's could undo a hex done by a 5th year
&gt;student!

--
Skyrider

Visit Australian Opinion...where comment counts!
<a href="http://www.australianopinion.com" target="_blank">http://www.australianopinion.com</a>

Report this message